Privacy and Confidentiality Practices
To increase the security of the information that clients entrust to us, to expand the professional services we offer, and to improve the quality of those services, we regularly use third-party vendors. The following summarizes our current outsourcing practices as of September 30, 2010:
To Improve Data Security, we use offsite online backup data centers supplied by Intuit, Inc. Intuit is the maker of QuickBooks, Quicken, TurboTax and the Lacerte and ProSeries professional tax software tools. The Intuit Online Backup Service encrypts data using AES 128-bit Encryption before transferring over the Internet to two different servers at two unique data centers to protect from geographical disasters.
To Allow for the Convenience of E-Filing, we must electronically send taxpayer information through the CCH Electronic Filing Center in order to transmit client data to the Internal Revenue Service. As you would expect from the tax software industry's leader, CCH uses 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") certificates to encrypt the data that moves between our computers and the e-filing service's servers.
To Improve Quality of Service, we frequently enter into independent contractor arrangements with top-notch, expert certified public accountants, chartered accountants, tax attorneys and other tax professionals for quality assurance purposes after securing written confidentiality agreements from these non-employees.
- Business Tax Planning for an Obama Presidency
- Estate Tax Basics
- Federal Income Tax Preparation
- How S Corporations are Taxed
- How to Save Taxes with a Health Savings Account
- How to Save Taxes with an S Corporation
- Important Tax Due Dates
- Last-minute 2008 Checklist of Business Tax Reduction Techniques
- Real Estate Profits: Capital Gain or Not?
- Real Estate Tax Traps
- Rental Property Tax Benefits
- Setting Up a Washington LLC
- State Income Taxes
- Tax Forms
- Tax Tips, Help and Advice
- Wages for S Corporation Shareholder Employees
- Washington State Sales Tax Income Tax Deduction